Our World Tour


View Our World Tour in a larger map

Thursday 14 May 2009

Thur 14th May - Playing in the snow!


A nice leisurely start of 10am and it’s off to the National Park. As we get higher and higher, the weather changes dramatically and we end up playing in the snow by a ski resort! BALTIC CONDITIONS!!! But as soon as you’re down the hill, it's fine again. We’re aiming for Waitomo so we stop off at random places throughout the day, including local parks and coffee stops. Some places were a bit weird and erm….inbred should I say!?
We find Waitomo and check into the hostel – it's really a wee house with 3 rooms in the middle of nowhere. No one is there to check us in so we had to ring a free fone number and let the owners know we were there! We kill some time by hitting the local supermarket – 20minute drive away – and I find they stock a wine called........NED WINE – how funny!!! Had to take a pic of course!!
Dinner is some local mussels, followed by pizza. I start faffing about on the laptop trying to upload pictures from today…..and then I discover I’ve accidentally deleted a whole day’s worth – nooooooooooo!!!! Dave gives me the ‘uh oh, how stupid are you?’ look and I start getting emotional, argh! So so so annoyed….but at least it was only a day and not a week’s worth…..
We speak to the owner of the hostel and book onto a crazy activity adventure day tomorrow – Abseiling, Caving, Rafting, and Rock Climbing. I’m slightly nervous about this…..


Hayley

No comments: