Our World Tour


View Our World Tour in a larger map

Saturday 2 May 2009

Sat 2nd May - Dont read if easily offended.....

Temperature seems to have dropped yet again over night! Just didn’t want to escape the nice warm duvet! Oh well, only a week to go – whoohooo!! Must keep thinking that! It’s down to breakfast we go and check out Sky News and the ever doom n gloom over swine flu……I don’t care anymore – if it happens, it happens. Bring on the Tamiflu!
We all trek outside to see if the bus is on time and, again, he’s flipping late! For god’s sake – how difficult is it to be on time?! And again, no apology! We’re freezing our asses off in minus degrees and he can’t even say ‘sorry!’ – it’s the old lady Grader, who we pick up on the way, who I feel most sorry for. Grumble grumble!
We get to work and its’ Kris and Julia’s last day – booo!! Another lot bites the dust. She even gets all upset and teary when saying bye at the end of the day – awwww!! She goes (in her German accent) ‘I’m not crying, I have an apple in my eye!!’ Bless her – be happy that you don’t have to pack flipping apples anymore!
The fun of the day begins when the bus driver drops us off….man alive, don’t read on if you’re easily offended by bad language…..
Linden (Ginger pratt man) went BALLISTIC at us and I mean UBER MENTAL!!! And we have no idea why. After dropping off old lady Grader – she banged her head again and the boys were giggling after she closed the door – Linden pulled up outside the hostel and turned around suddenly, pointing at us and yells the following (again, don’t read on if easily offended – its shocking language!)
‘ RIGHT YOU GUYS, I’VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOU F***ING, ARROGANT, ENGLISH C***S FOR THE PAST 2 DAYS! YOU’RE ALL A BUNCH OF F***ING C***S! I DON’T GET PAID FOR DRIVING THIS VAN EVERYDAY AND YOU LOT ARE THE WORST ARROGANT, ENGLISH F***ING C***S I HAVE EVER MET! YOU LOT HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THIS COUNTRY AND YOU’RE ALL ARROGANT ENGLISH C***S! DON’T YOU THINK I CAN HEAR WHAT YOU’VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT ME. NOW GET OUT!!! Have a good weekend (this bit was said in a nice tone!?)”
He kept repeating himself and going completely mental at us! I could not believe his language and how much of a rage he was in. It was so out of character and unexpected, that we were in total shock and all stumbled out of the van utterly gobsmacked! I felt really violated and oh so uncomfortable!! It was that bad! Seriously, the man is unhinged! How dare he speak to us all like that and not give a reason!?! I mean, if its because the boys laughed at the old lady banging her head – well, they all laughed when Kamila did it…..and that’s not an excuse to go psycho at us! I know our minibus banter can be a bit filthy at times, but the old dears loved it and found our chat very amusing. They never got offended and they even said, that they were going to miss us and our banter when we go…..what is his problem!?
The whole lot of us were dumbstruck and kept trying to piece together the reasoning for the outburst for the rest of the night. Rachel was gutted that she missed it all – oh so bizarre! Ugh, how dare he!? I’m so livid at the way he spoke to us!!
Anyway, we all get ready and have some drinks before heading to the pub – we decide to hit the old man’s pub and see if the guy will stay open for the footie. Kamila, Tom, Aaron, Dave and me all go there for a few drinks. Rachel stays back at the Commercial to bake…..all for Tom and his birthday! Bless!!
It’s so blimming cold and I have flip-flops on so I spend half the time in the pub defrosting my tootsies by the fire in the pub. The old man running it is there, so we try and sweet talk him into showing the footie – alas, he aint showing it. Boo hiss! I get a txt from Kris and they’re headed for the Villa Rose after the Variety Show, so we end up going there with a takeout of…….BACARDI BREEZERS – yay! I’m 17 again! Haha!! Aaron behaves and heads home – personally, I think he just doesn’t want to fall asleep and get covered in permanent marker again…..HAHA!!!
So, its Dave, Tom, Kamila and I that head to the Villa Rose. Man, it’s fecking freezing!! I joke around with everyone saying Linden will be there…..and we walk in…..and he is!!!!! ARGH!!!!! What on earth!? Man, this is going to be awkward! Anyhoo, I have too much rage for him so try and blot it out and just chat away to Kris. I drag her away and tell her the whole story about Linden and his psycho self! She said he used to have a lot of heated debates at lunch, which would make her uncomfortable and have to leave the table! LOONY, I tell ye!! Apparently, Crazy Michelle invited him – ahh, it makes sense now – cos we were taking the mick out of her manly walk and singing to herself on the street on the bus (see?! Anyone would do the same!)
Anyhoo, the psycho leaves after 5minutes so he obviously feels very uncomfortable around us – GOOD!!! The rest of the night is fairly tame and rather hippy commune-esque with Pounamu and Andreas singing and playing guitar! It’s so sad when we have to go as Kris starts to blub yet again ‘I have an apple in my eye!’ bless her! But she’ll be over to visit next year so not to worry!

Hayley

No comments: